Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Heroic Journey 1.2

As I awake for my usual routine of my day I had forgotten once I had to step out the threshold there was no plans of  returning home I had to continue my journey til it was done. I wasn't sure of  when the return home was but I knew if it was longer then a day it must be a very important adventure. I had to prepare my tailsman of my nessecarys my what was going to come. As i was about to exit the threshold of home I was thinking of all the things i might encounter. It did in fact scare me at first but knowing some what of  my goal had to do with Joy and happiness.
First stop, waswhat we mordern day people call school, reality,College! I had to be very cautious with my traveling plans to college because of my encounter home the day before. it took me three hours to get home which was the worst. I thanked god that i had only one class today but it was nothing. once Class was over I headed out to what I call the maze of 34th street to take a trip to Delaware,USA. As I waited for the bus, I had company,My family who waited for my arrival for the long adventure and we all had our tailsman full of our needs packed and ready to go. As the bus arrived we had a minor situtation where it almost put us in a set back. Lucky we was able to leave together.
Our as we took off i looked back and thought "well its going to be worth the trip if im traveling with beloved ones" and thats how it started. since we were all scatered in different seats throughtout the bus we used our technology of cellphones to get in contact with each other. one by one we were knocking out like flies.doozing off to sleep. Each one of us had a full busy day that we couldn't stay awake any longer, expect me. I stood awake casue usually car rides I enjoy viewing the world pass me by. It makes me think like a philosopher on what could happened, why did it happened, and what if things went a certain way. I started to take mental notes for two hours of everything I saw or would like to see or do on my adventure.
Two hours and thirty eight minutes it took to arrive at my destination I was greeted by two more family memebers i haven't seen in such a long time. There it was,the reason of my journey, My cousin carring the gift of life inside of her and us coming all this way to celebrated that gift of life. To give words of wisdom and comfort. As we entered their parked cars i couldn't help but wonder,how such a small child can maybe make a difference in the family or maybe even in life.
As we drove off we spoke about the good memories from the last time we werre united as a family.Some good some bad but when it comes down to it family will always be family. At my aunts home we all entered and claimed where each of us prepared to sleep for the night. I decided to sleep on the floor mattress, I found it  more cozy I don't know why.
It was the main day of why I came to Delaware the celebration of a new life coming into a family or as we call it now in days, A baby shower. It turned out to be touching knowing that my beloved cousin melissa had so much love and support that she had many people arrive with gifts she might need for the little new bundle of joy. We celebrated by playing games based on what to do with a baby or how big was the mother to be was. There was laughter hugs and even speeches from both future grandmothers. such a beautiful night to remember.
Once the baby shower was over we had opened gifts had hadn't been open in my aunts house. As I see my cousins face ful of joy I couldn't help but smile because of the beautiful thing that was going to be in her arms very soon. We all slept on a good note that night.
The last day, We all spent time with one other before we said our final sayonara's til next time. My aunt and my cousins had dropped us off at the bus stop and was on their way back home. As my family and I waited for the bus we recapped our weekened and laughed.The bus came and we all grabbed a seat next to each other. We were lucky this time around but not when it came to coming home. Four long hours on the road with no roadstop and alot of traffic. I usually mind these long road trips. when it goes slow but this time....I let sly.

No comments:

Post a Comment